ROANOKE, VA - July 4, there will be several streets closed from 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM due to the "Roanoke's Fourth of July Fireworks" event.
To access Roanoke Memorial Hospital between 9pm and 10:30pm follow McClanahan St to Jefferson to Weller Dr. Crews coming from the North will take I-581 south to the Wonju Exit to Broadway to McClanahan St.
The following streets will be closed:
- From 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM, Wiley Drive, between Crystal Springs Avenue and Franklin Road
- From 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM, Edinburgh Street, from Franklin Road to dead end
- From 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM, Evans Mill Road, between Wycliffe Avenue and Crystal Springs Avenue
- From 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM, Northbound outside lane of Franklin Road, between McClanahan Street and Wiley Drive
- From 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM, Jefferson Street southbound, between Williamson Road and Reserve Avenue, will be closed to through traffic
- From 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM, Jefferson Street, between Reserve Avenue and Weller Lane
- From 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM, Reserve Avenue, between Jefferson Street and Franklin Road, will be closed to through traffic
Police and various traffic control devices will be present during this event. Motorists are encouraged to drive cautiously and expect delays.